Smart Ways to Adopt Digital Transformation
Digital transformation has taken over the world of business and it is now a necessity that you adopt it if you want to survive in today’s competitive market. Before you get into the process of digital transformation, you need to understand that it indeed is a process and not just a set of tasks with a certain deadline. Digital transformation has to happen at a cultural level which will then seep down to every facet of your business. It is innovation done in increments and not a big-bang-like transformation that will get over within a timeline.
Here are some tips that will help you with digital transformation:
- Don’t be rigid about where the ideas for digital transformation comes from. The top management has to of course take steps to initiate and plan for the change. However, the innovative ideas should come from every department which will instill a co-creation culture in the organization rather than the one which involves following the rules.
- Implement the Design Thinking process as a part of your planning which will help you think beyond your current setup. It will need you to involve different stakeholders and experts within your organization to get asymmetric perspectives, the intersection of which will lead to helpful and profitable innovations.
- Focus on changing your business model altogether and not just some parts of your business. Consider, analyze and educate your departments to innovate, adapt and keep up the efficiency while the business is transforming.
- DevOps, Agile, Automation and As-a-service infrastructure are the keys you need to embrace to march towards digital and business transformation
- Build skills and not just infrastructure As you are changing the entire business model, you have to train your resources to handle not just the new technologies but operate in the new transformed setup.
Most importantly, an organized approach is very essential and focused actions are what will make the real difference. You have to not just plan and design but also ardently implement the strategies and maintain the processes you have charted out. Thus, the combination of having right strategies and taking corresponding actions will help you adopt Digital Transformation gracefully.
To show you how Microsoft Dynamics 365 drives Digital Transformation, there's a demo of the latest Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP and CRM solution for the A/E/C industry with some examples that illustrate digital transformation. Click here to watch
- Digital Transformation – What’s It All About
- The Time is Now for Digital Transformation in Your A/E/C Firm
About the Author
Dhananjayan K J is Senior Digital Marketing Manager for SAGlobal, where his role is to primarily develop and implement digital marketing strategies for Microsoft Dynamics products and services. Dhananjayan has over 12 years of enterprise marketing experience with strong background in digital marketing across industries.