Top 5 Technologies that support Digital Transformation
Digital transformation cannot be thought of without technology being a part of it. The past few years have witnessed the emergence of technological platforms, tools and packages that have enabled business leaders to view their setup and strategies in a new light. If you are driving your organization towards digital transformation, then embracing technologies that support you to make the shift is imperative.
- Cloud - Cloud infrastructure has solved storage issues and made processing faster than ever. Additionally, you can centrally feed and process your data and access it from multiple locations and devices without any hassles.
- Big Data - With huge historical data at your disposal, Big Data and Analytics is what will help you make the best use of it. You can make well informed, less risky and better business decisions through the right insights, numbers and analysis Big Data provides.
- The internet of things – Digital transformation should encompass human interaction, machines and place. Internet of things helps you bring together these aspects and makes your business relevant to the current moment, place and customer requirement.
- Machine learning – Making your system think on its own to a large extent is the next phase of digital transformation. Machine learning helps in understanding and feeding the system with patterns that will make this possible.
- Cyber Security – Security needs to be your priority right from the start. Else you will end up spending more time and effort later on to make your modules secure which will decrease the immediate business benefits that you can get from digital transformation.
Additionally, with surging usage of mobile devices and wearable gadgets, mobility is what will amplify the influence you have on your existing and potential customers. This will take your business right where your customers are. Lastly, you need to remember that there is no general rule-of-thumb to choose tools and technologies. When you pick, combine and customize these technologies as per your business model, you will get an effective platform that will allow an effective Digital Transformation.
Microsoft Dynamics 365 is an alternate for Deltek’s Vision and BST’s BST10, that enables Digital Transformation for Architecture and Engineering (A&E) firms. To show you how Microsoft Dynamics 365 drives Digital Transformation, there's a demo of the latest Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP and CRM solution for the A/E/C industry with some examples that illustrate digital transformation. Click here to watch demo.
About the Author
Dhananjayan K J is Senior Digital Marketing Manager for SAGlobal, where his role is to primarily develop and implement digital marketing strategies for Microsoft Dynamics products and services. Dhananjayan has over 12 years of enterprise marketing experience with strong background in digital marketing across industries.